4.11.2013

Californian Highlights versus Ombré Hair


Hello lovely readers! Maybe most of you when you read the title you where like ''Woah, I thought they were the same, I don't understand!'', don't feel like you are the only one because until today I also thought they were the same. I found it because now in the city I live loads of girls have started wearing ombre hair and because I liked how it looked in them I searched for information, (for the big addiction to weheartit and hipster style, I think), but they (and me before I discovered I wasn't right) call it Californian highlights and they say it bad because that is OMBRÉ HAIR, so I thought I would do a post explaining as better as I can so there isn't any confusing. Tell me in the comments which one you prefer, much love, bye!

Californian highlights: As the name says it, they are highlights and they are of lighter colours than your natural hair colour and it's for simulating those natural sun highlights, so they have to look like they were natural, not like the ombré hair that you can easily see that the colour pink or blue or light blond on your hair it's not a natural highlight!

Ombré hair: A gradual lighten of your hair colour from the roots to the ends, the most common now are the roots of your natural color and the ends of colors including pink, blue, purple, green ...But many celebrities like to wear dark brown roots and blonde even, or even vice versa, but not as common.

¡Hola lectores encantadores! Tal vez muchos de vosotros al leer el título han pensado ''Aivá (o la expresión que te salga),  pensaba que era los mismo, no lo entiendo!'', no os sentís como si fuerais los únicos porque hasta hoy yo también pensaba que eran lo mismo. Lo encontré porque ahora en la ciudad en que vivo un montón de chicas han empezado a llevar el pelo degradado también conocido como ombré y como me gustaba como les quedaba busqué información(por la adicción al estilo Hipster y a weheartit, creo), pero ellas (y yo antes de que descubriera que no tenía razón) lo llaman mechas californianas y lo dicen mal porqué eso son OMBRÉ o DEGRADADO, por lo que pensé que podría hacer un post explicando tan bien como pueda para que no haya ninguna confusión. Decidme en los comentarios cual os gusta más, mucho amor, bye!

Mechas (o reflejos) californianas: Como lo dice su nombre, son mechas o mas bien dicho reflejos y son de colores más claros que tu color natural del cabello y es para simular los reflejos naturales que hace el sol, por lo que se tiene que ver como si fuera natural, no como el pelo ombré que puedes ver fácilmente ver que ese color rosa o azul o rubio blanco no es tu color de pelo natural!

Pelo ombré o degradado: Es un aclarado gradual de tu color pelo de las raíces a las puntas, los más comunes ahora son las raíces de tu color natural y las puntas de colores como rosa, azul, lila, verde... Aunque muchas celebrities llevan raíces castaño oscuro y puntas rubias, o incluso al revés, pero no es tan común.


Californian Highlights









Ombré Hair