12.05.2014

How to be quicker in the Mornings

Hello lovely people!
I don't know about you but I hate waking up early to go to school/work, I'd rather stay sleeping in heaven (aka my bed). But like it or not, we all have to do it as we are not Beyoncé and we can't go out the house looking flawless while saying: I woke up like this. No. Sadly this doesn't happen to real humans, that's why I decided to write a post sharing some of the tips I use to be more efficient and quick in the mornings, if you follow some of these tips it will allow you to stay a little more time in bed, which it's always a very good thing because there's a big difference on waking up at 6:15am than 7:00am.

1. CHOOSE YOUR OUTFIT THE NIGHT BEFORE
When you choose your outfit in the morning, how much does it take you to decide? In my case it's between ten and fifteen minutes (full of stress with at least 10 outfit changes). After I have decided, my bedroom looks as if a thief had ransacked it, in addition THE chair has more clothes than my closet. Literally.


In order to avoid that we can choose what we are going to wear the night before: no stress, no messy room, no full chair...what more do you want? Doing that you at least save 10 minutes of sleep.

2. ORGANIZE EVERYTHING YOU COULD NEED, THE NIGHT BEFORE
Even if you have to go to school, to work, to a meeting or to a trip, I'm sure that there are some things you'll need to get; it can be a book, a notebook, some important papers, a packed suitcase, YOUR KEYS(very important, I have more problems trying to get out of my house than getting in, I never know where my keys are), food... If you try to get everything in the morning you will a)be at least 10 minutes in the process or b) forget something. If you do that the night before, you'll wake up ten minutes later and everything will be already prepared.

3. HAVE A BIG BUT HEALTHY BREAKFAST

First of all, anyone hungry after looking at this picture? (Raises hand)
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it gives you instant energy to survive all the morning and if you eat the right food which is packed with a lot of nutrients and good stuff for your body, it will allow you to be more efficient and quick while you are getting ready. One of my favourite things to eat for breakfast is a cup of oats with almonds, raisins and cinnamon with rice or oat milk, the thing I love about this recipe is that you can make it the night before and leave it in the fridge, then when you wake up they are ready to eat. 

Julia x