8.06.2015

Avocado and smoked salmon on toast


I love buying food, I love cooking food, I JUST LOVE FOOD and I'm sure you do to, that's why today I want to share with you one of my favourite recipes in the whole world: Avocado and smoked salmon on toast. It's not a groundbreaking recipe but it'll indeed make your taste buds and you really happy. Even if you aren't a cooking master (like me), you won't have any problems doing it and I'm sure that when you finish doing it, you will feel like such a pro that you'll want to make it for your family and friends and they will surely be impressed, I mean, this dish looks pretty fancy (am I right?). You can eat it for breakfast, lunch or dinner because it's a really healthy dish which provides you healthy fats (avocado) and protein (smoked salmon).

If you are a vegetarian you could substitute the salmon for some scrambled or poached eggs and if you are vegan you could substitute it for some fresh cherry tomatoes and chopped onion, I've tried both options and they are delicious.

Enough rambling, let's get to work!

Ingredients (one serving)
2 slices of bread of your choice (I used whole wheat this time)
1/2 avocado
1/2 lemon's juice
Pepper
Maldon salt (I use this one because it's natural sea salt and gives wonderful flavour)
Olive oil
2 slices of smoked salmon

1. Toast the bread until it looks a little bit brown. Please, don't let it burn.


2. Drizzle a little bit of olive oil on top of the bread.


3. Peal the avocado and then cut it into slices.


4. Place the avocado on top of the bread.


5. Sprinkle some salt and pepper and drizzle a little more olive oil.



6. Place the salmon on top of the avocado and then add the lemon juice.


VoilĂ ! Enjoy.

What is your favourite recipe?