5.13.2015

Why ''F·r·i·e·n·d·s'' is still the best sitcom in the world


Good morning lovely people!

♫ So no one told you life was gonna be this way (clap, clap, clap, clap, clap)
Your job's a joke, you're broke, your love life's D.O.A.
It's like you're always stuck in second gear
When it hasn't been your day, your week, your month, or even your year, but

I'll be there for you 
(When the rain starts to pour) 
I'll be there for you 
(Like I've been there before) 
I'll be there for you 
('Cause you're there for me too) 

Oh, Friends' theme song, it's all about the claps...
I started watching Friends after Anna (from Vivianna Does Makeup) constantly mentioned the series in her videos, because everyone knows that everything she recommends is just great. So I started watching it about a year a go and 6 seasons and 20 episodes later I'm still here wanting to watch the next episode, but scared at the same time because I don't want it to end. Only 3 seasons and 5 episodes to go, agh. I'm sure there's a lot of people reading this who don't know about this series or maybe they have heard about it but don't really know what is it about, so let me break it down a little bit:

What is ''FRIENDS''?
The best series/sitcom in the world.

Why?
It's funny, it makes you happy, you'll enjoy every single episode, all the characters are iconic and it also has tons of amazing quotes (that you'll reference all your life) such as:






Plot summary:
Follows the lives of six 20-something friends living in 1990s Manhattan, who are struggling to survive  in the real world.

The characters (situation at the start of the series):

(I'm such a Pro at Photoshop)

Chandler Bing (Matthew Perry): Joey's roommate, works for a large multinational corporation, funny, sarcastic and struggles with an on-and-off smoking addiction.

Monica Geller (Coutney Cox): Ross' sister, Rachel's high school best friend, chef, obsessive-compulsive and competitive nature, hard worker and mother hen of the group.

Joey Tribbiani (Matt LeBlanc): Chandler's roommate, food lover, womanizer, sweet and aspiring actor who becomes famous for his role as Dr. Drake Ramorey in the fictional version of ''Days of Our Lives''.

Ross Geller (David Schwimmer): Monica's brother, paleontologist, intelligent, quirky, clumsy and divorced from a woman who is a lesbian.

Phoebe Buffay (Lisa Kudrow): Was once homeless, aspiring musician, plays the guitar and sings songs at ''Central Perk'', the caffe, eccentric and has a twin sister.

Rachel Green (Jennifer Aniston)Monica's high school best friend, spoiled daughter but warm-hearted, loves fashion, flees from her almost-wedding and starts working at ''Central Perk'' as a waitress.

What should you do right now?
Buy the DVD for the first season or... go to Netflix because it's now available there! I was so excited when they told me, you don't even know. Anyway, go and watch it, you won't be disappointed.

My question for you: What is your favourite series? Tell me in the comments, I would love to know!

Again, thanks Anna for making me discover this series, my life is better now.